Granny ready for marathon
A Fenland grandmother and post woman is preparing for a 7,000-mile round trip to enable her to compete in this year s New York Marathon. Lavinia Seward is planning to donate all of the money raised through sponsorship of the November 4 race to the Cystic
A Fenland grandmother and post woman is preparing for a 7,000-mile round trip to enable her to compete in this year's New York Marathon.
Lavinia Seward is planning to donate all of the money raised through sponsorship of the November 4 race to the Cystic Fibrosis Trust.
It will be the latest marathon for the 65-year-old, who competed in the 2005 London Marathon and the 2006 Amsterdam Marathon. She has also completed the Great North Run half-marathon in Newcastle.
Mrs Seward is a member of the March Athletics Club. Earlier this month she took part in the Grunty Fen Half-Marathon.
You may also want to watch:
She lives in Chatteris and is married to Colin, and they have two daughters and five grandchildren.
"Two step-grandchildren suffer with cystic fibrosis, hence the reason to raise funds for research and help with this problem," she explained.
- 1 Man charged over death threats to deputy Labour leader Angela Rayner
- 2 BMW driver 'intentionally rammed' Ford car on A142 before fleeing scene
- 3 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 4 Football club ‘disappointed’ after vandals damage toilet facilities
- 5 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 6 Man who sent deputy Labour leader threatening email spared jail
- 7 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 8 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 9 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 10 Cambridgeshire hospitals busy and staff tired and abused
"Any sponsorship for this event will be greatly welcome and further details may be obtained from 01354 692113.