Grant aid advice given to Fen businesses
- Credit: Archant
Advice on how to tap into thousands of pounds of grant money was given in a day dedicated to businesses across the Fens.
An advice day was set up by the Local Enterprise Partnership to explain to companies how to access grant funding for a range of things from upgrading websites to buying new machinery, taking on new staff to computer support.
About 40 people attended the event at the Boathouse Business Centre, in Wisbech, which showcased advice stalls from 10 different exhibitors.
Laura Welham-Halstead, head of communications, said the day had proved a big success and would hopefully pave the way for future events.
“There is so much grant funding out there that businesses don’t know about or how to access,” she said. “The day was about bringing awareness and support.
You may also want to watch:
“There was something for everyone there and was a big success.”
- 1 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 2 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 3 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 4 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 5 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
- 6 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 7 Photographer, Eleanor, wins highly regarded award
- 8 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 9 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 10 Uninsured driver caught in Ramsey speeding up to 100mph