Grants available for projects across Fenland that help the environment
- Credit: Archant
Grants are on offer from three windfarm developments to help local community groups improve their environment.
All bids for the funding must clearly demonstrate the project’s environmental benefit.
They include ones promoting energy efficiency, wildlife conservation, waste recycling and car sharing.
The Glassmoor Local Environment Fund has money available for groups from Whittlesey, Pondersbridge, Ramsey Mereside, Eastrea and Coates.
Applications must be in by June 26.
You may also want to watch:
The Whitemill Environment Fund has grants for groups in Coldham, Ring’s End, Friday Bridge and Elm. Its closing date for bids is July 31.
The Ransonmoor Community Fund is open to groups from Benwick, Wimblington and Doddington. Applications must be in by September 1.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 3 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
- 4 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 5 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 6 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 7 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off
- 8 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 9 Inquest opens into death of labourer, 20, who drowned
- 10 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
Projects that have previously won grants include a community wildlife garden, LED lighting for an indoor bowls club and an allotment compost toilet.
• Details from Rebecca Robinett, Fenland District Council’s Street Pride coordinator 01354 654321 or firstname.lastname@example.org.