Grants of up to £3,000 on offer for Fenland community projects from two windfarm developments
- Credit: Archant
Substantial grants are on offer from two windfarm developments to help community groups improve their environment.
The grants from the Glassmoor Local Environment Fund are open to groups from Whittlesey, Pondersbridge, Ramsey Mereside, Eastrea and Coates. Any applications in the current bidding process must be in by January 5, 2015.
Money is also available from the Whitemill Environment Fund, a new fund set up for groups in Coldham, Ring’s End, Friday Bridge and Elm. Bids for them close on January 30, 2015.
Any application for either fund must demonstrate both environmental and education benefit for the local community.
Most of the grants are between £500 and £3,000. A wide range of projects could be eligible, including ones promoting energy efficiency, wildlife conservation, waste recycling and car sharing. Other ideas are welcome.
You may also want to watch:
Previous successful bids for the Glassmoor fund include a community wildlife garden, LED lighting for an indoor bowls club and a compost toilet for an allotment.
The funds are to continue for the life of the wind turbines, estimated to be about 25 years.
- 1 BMW driver 'intentionally rammed' Ford car on A142 before fleeing scene
- 2 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 3 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 4 Football club ‘disappointed’ after vandals damage toilet facilities
- 5 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 6 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 7 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 8 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 9 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car
- 10 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
For application forms and advice, call Rebecca Robinett, Fenland District Council’s Street Pride coordinator, on 01354 654321 or e-mail email@example.com.