Grass verge catches fire in March

PUBLISHED: 10:32 26 June 2015 | UPDATED: 10:32 26 June 2015

Archant

A grass verge caught fire in March yesterday.

At 8.22pm, one crew from Manea was called to a fire on Upwell Road.

Firefighters arrived to find an area of grass verge, measuring approximately 10 metres by 3 metres, well alight.

They extinguished the fire using hose reel and returned to their station by 9.10pm.

The cause of the fire was accidental.


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Cambs Times. Click the link in the orange box above for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Latest from the Cambs Times