Grassroots football club formed by St Mary’s Church 92 years ago to hold reunion
A GRASSROOTS football club from March that was formed by members of St Mary’s Church 92 years ago are holding a reunion on Sunday.
St Mary’s Football Club no longer exists but former player Martin Lee has organised after a number of players were shocked and saddened by the fire that gutted the church earlier this year.
The club was recognised as being one of the premier forces in the area and was known to have reserve, youth and even supporters’ clubs during their illustrious history.
Mr Lee said: “It would be interesting to learn of the oldest surviving player.
“Everyone is welcome - players, supporters, their friends and their families. I’m hoping people bring photos and memorabilia. It’ll be nice for The Saints to go marching in again.”
The event starts at 3pm at The Stars Public House, The Avenue, March and will run until late.
- 1 Take a look inside this £600,000 converted barn hidden in the Fens
- 2 Teenager, 19, on County Drug Lines heroin and crack cocaine charge
- 3 Plumbing ringleader who ‘traded under multiple names’ jailed
- 4 Dealer flees on foot leaving drugs, cash and his bike behind
- 5 Motorists face extra time on journeys due to A141 closure
- 6 Real living wage given to frontline care home workers
- 7 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 8 Cup winners, bumper crowds and an ex-England star amongst Fenmen success
- 9 Former Wisbech mayor Aigars Balsevics charged with rape
- 10 'Most stunning' The Chase contestant takes on fresh challenge