Grassroots football club formed by St Mary’s Church 92 years ago to hold reunion
A GRASSROOTS football club from March that was formed by members of St Mary’s Church 92 years ago are holding a reunion on Sunday.
St Mary’s Football Club no longer exists but former player Martin Lee has organised after a number of players were shocked and saddened by the fire that gutted the church earlier this year.
The club was recognised as being one of the premier forces in the area and was known to have reserve, youth and even supporters’ clubs during their illustrious history.
Mr Lee said: “It would be interesting to learn of the oldest surviving player.
“Everyone is welcome - players, supporters, their friends and their families. I’m hoping people bring photos and memorabilia. It’ll be nice for The Saints to go marching in again.”
You may also want to watch:
The event starts at 3pm at The Stars Public House, The Avenue, March and will run until late.
- 1 Rings End A141 closed after three vehicle collision
- 2 Man arrested after suspected drink or drug-fuelled A141 crash
- 3 Car blaze was arson say fire chiefs
- 4 Pictures show cars - including Tesco delivery vans - queued at fuel pumps
- 5 Crisis, what crisis? Panic buying at the pumps in Fenland
- 6 47-home estate 'beggars belief' says councillor
- 7 Zero hygiene rating for East Cambs take-away
- 8 Cross party review says 39 councillors for Fenland not enough -three more needed
- 9 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash
- 10 Fenmen caught napping as Fenland sides suffer weekend pain