Grassroots football club formed by St Mary’s Church 92 years ago to hold reunion
A GRASSROOTS football club from March that was formed by members of St Mary’s Church 92 years ago are holding a reunion on Sunday.
St Mary’s Football Club no longer exists but former player Martin Lee has organised after a number of players were shocked and saddened by the fire that gutted the church earlier this year.
The club was recognised as being one of the premier forces in the area and was known to have reserve, youth and even supporters’ clubs during their illustrious history.
Mr Lee said: “It would be interesting to learn of the oldest surviving player.
“Everyone is welcome - players, supporters, their friends and their families. I’m hoping people bring photos and memorabilia. It’ll be nice for The Saints to go marching in again.”
You may also want to watch:
The event starts at 3pm at The Stars Public House, The Avenue, March and will run until late.
- 1 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 2 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 3 Charity shop supervisor fraudster must pay back £2,550
- 4 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 5 'Horrific ordeal' of saleswoman tied up, restrained and sexually assaulted
- 6 Carpenter 'honoured' by thank-you gifts to mark 25 years' service
- 7 Opposition sign historic power sharing agreement to seize control of county council
- 8 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 9 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run