Grassroots football club formed by St Mary’s Church 92 years ago to hold reunion
A GRASSROOTS football club from March that was formed by members of St Mary’s Church 92 years ago are holding a reunion on Sunday.
St Mary’s Football Club no longer exists but former player Martin Lee has organised after a number of players were shocked and saddened by the fire that gutted the church earlier this year.
The club was recognised as being one of the premier forces in the area and was known to have reserve, youth and even supporters’ clubs during their illustrious history.
Mr Lee said: “It would be interesting to learn of the oldest surviving player.
“Everyone is welcome - players, supporters, their friends and their families. I’m hoping people bring photos and memorabilia. It’ll be nice for The Saints to go marching in again.”
You may also want to watch:
The event starts at 3pm at The Stars Public House, The Avenue, March and will run until late.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of woman in her 70s
- 2 Police forensics team begin search after death of woman in her 70s
- 3 Two boys, aged 12 and 14, arrested after 3am service station burglary
- 4 Villagers 'clap for Dr Nik' to celebrate mayoralty victory
- 5 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 6 Epic escape fail for ‘armed thieves’ who crashed car into ditch
- 7 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
- 8 Prison sentence for man who brutally attacked his partner
- 9 Steve Count 'no doubt' Tories will review 'our performance' as his future is decided
- 10 Tory jubilation short-lived in Fenland as they lose control of county council