‘Great Caterpillar Childcare Bake Off’ in Chatteris raises money for Macmillan Cancer Support
- Credit: Archant
Caterpillar Childcare in Chatteris raised £70 for Macmillan Cancer Support on Monday by holding a bake off and cake sale.
Children wore green for the day and took part in ‘The Great Caterpillar Childcare Bake Off’.
Siohbon Brookes, of Caterpillar Childcare, said: “Families were invited to bake their show stoppers with an animal theme (our current topic of learning) and bring in to share.
“The winners were Eshan and Theo Marper-Mahmood with their animal cake pops. They were awarded with a £20 gift voucher.
“A guess how many sweets in the jar competition was won by Sophie Jackson, who was awarded the jar of delicious treats.
You may also want to watch:
“A cake stall was held and we raised just under £70.00 for the charity.
“It was a great day and we were pleased that so many families entered our bake off competition
- 1 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 4 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in radical ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 5 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 6 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 7 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 8 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 9 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 10 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
“The parents said they’d had so much fun taking some time out to bake with their children.”
If you are holding a Macmillan Coffee Morning please email John.Elworthy@archant.co.uk with your pictures, tell us how your event went and how much was raised.