I WRITE to say how great Chatteris is. We have recently moved house down to Bristol, to be closer to the coast, but mainly for job relocation. Having been resident of Chatteris for only two-and-a-half years, I did not feel particularly attached to the pla
I WRITE to say how great Chatteris is. We have recently moved house down to Bristol, to be closer to the coast, but mainly for job relocation.
Having been resident of Chatteris for only two-and-a-half years, I did not feel particularly attached to the place. However, having moved away, a few things became apparent that I really missed.
The people are easy-going and friendly. The town is compact, which means you have all facilities close to hand. There are a few good pubs there. Crime is low and housing is affordable. The vast expanse of the surrounding Fenland means you never feel claustrophobic and can easily get into the countryside.
Most of all I miss friends at the Chatteris Tang Soo Do club, which made the place feel more like home.
You may also want to watch:
I look forward to visiting Chatteris again as soon as I have the opportunity.
- 1 Spectators to be 'kept well away' when 85m chimneys come down
- 2 Fenland line-up for Cambridgeshire elections
- 3 Residents escape kitchen fire after bank holiday blaze
- 4 Retrospective bid for travellers' site
- 5 Council road sweeper vehicle involved in collision with car
- 6 Videographer captures lifeboat hoist at town boatyard
- 7 12 exciting new businesses to discover when lockdown restrictions ease
- 8 Former homeless recreate ‘Lunch atop a Skyscraper’ photograph
- 9 Person hit by train between Cambridge and Ely
- 10 Alligator-owning farmer stars in new Ross Kemp ITV documentary