Dogs to join hounds across the world in global walk
- Credit: Archant
A walk that brings over 8,000 dogs ‘together’ across the globe, is back in Cambridgeshire this month (September).
The Great Global Greyhound Walk (GGGW) was cancelled last year due to Covid-19 but is now back with an aim of 10,000 hounds.
The walk, which is part of a worldwide event, will take place in Chatteris on Sunday September 19.
It starts from the green of Westbourne Road, PE16 6HG at 10am.
Owners and their hounds are encouraged to dress up whilst participating in the walk.
You may also want to watch:
The theme for the event is the colour blue.
Claire Streater, who has organised the event in Chatteris, said: “The aim of the day is to promote greyhounds as fantastic pets to the public.
- 1 Rings End A141 closed after three vehicle collision
- 2 Car blaze was arson say fire chiefs
- 3 Man arrested after suspected drink or drug-fuelled A141 crash
- 4 Pictures show cars - including Tesco delivery vans - queued at fuel pumps
- 5 Crisis, what crisis? Panic buying at the pumps in Fenland
- 6 Zero hygiene rating for East Cambs take-away
- 7 Cross party review says 39 councillors for Fenland not enough -three more needed
- 8 47-home estate 'beggars belief' says councillor
- 9 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash
- 10 Ledger discovery affords a glimpse of Victorian travel
“GGGW has been proven to find forever homes for hounds that needed them.”
There will be refreshments and a raffle on the day too.
For more information, contact Claire on 07917 801341.