Greater Anglia runs ‘Train driver experience’ auction for Red Nose Day
- Credit: Archant
Calling all wannabe train drivers – Greater Anglia today (March 16) launched a charity auction where the highest bidder gets to ride a train to London in the driver’s cab and then even have a go at train driving themselves.
A special day to make all train enthusiasts’ dreams come true has been lined up to raise money for Red Nose Day.
The winner will travel in a driver’s cab from a station of their choice into London Liverpool Street, then travel in another driver’s cab to Stratford to have a go at driving themselves on one of Greater Anglia’s train simulators.
Other perks will include a behind-the-scenes tour of the Greater Anglia control centre at Romford and going home with a goodie bag.
To take part in the auction visit @greateranglia on Twitter and make a generous bid. Bids can be made publicly or privately (by tweeting #bid to @greateranglia – they will then follow you so that a private bid can be made via a direct message). The highest bidder will be announced at midday on Friday March 24, with the special day taking place on Wednesday April 5.
You may also want to watch:
Richard Dean, Greater Anglia’s Train Service Delivery Director, said: “This is a great opportunity for a train enthusiast to indulge in their dreams of driving a train and at the same time raise money for a very worthy charity.”
- 1 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 2 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 3 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 4 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 5 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 6 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
- 7 BMW driver 'intentionally rammed' Ford car on A142 before fleeing scene
- 8 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 9 Photographer, Eleanor, wins highly regarded award
- 10 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash