Greater Anglia says no trains before 9am Monday at the earliest because of weather
- Credit: Archant
Greater Anglia announced tonight it would not be running any trains until 9am at the earliest on Monday.
The company also said that, weather permitting, a reduced service will operate from then but this could be subject to delays.
“In collaboration with Network Rail, Greater Anglia has made the decision to suspend all services on all routes until 09:00. Customers are advised not to attempt to travel before this time,” said a company spokesman.
“Weather permitting, a reduced service will operate from 09:00 however, with speed restrictions in place, customers are likely to experience disruption to journeys throughout the day.
“These plans are based on advise that high winds of up to 75mph are forecast across our region early on Monday morning. This presents a significant risk of falling trees/branches, damage to railway equipment and will severely limit our ability to safely and quickly respond to any incidents which may occur.”
You may also want to watch:
The spokesman added: “We will be working with Network Rail throughout the night to ensure that the railway is open as soon as possible on Monday morning and that additional staff are deployed across the route. As soon as we are able we will run checks across all routes in order to ensure that services can run safely before we run any passenger services.
“We will update our website (greateranglia.co.uk) and our Twitter feed (@greateranglia) throughout the morning with the latest advice and customers are strongly advised to check the latest travel information before setting out.”
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 4 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 5 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 6 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 7 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 8 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 9 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 10 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital
Customers with Greater Anglia tickets dated for travel on Monday 28th October can travel on Sunday 27th and Tuesday 29th October. Customers with Advanced Purchase tickets dated for Sunday 27th are advised that restrictions on the time of travel are suspended.
Other operators across South East England are likely to be affected and details of their services are available here: http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/service_disruptions/60152.aspx