Green-fingered Fenland’s foray into Chelsea Flower Show
THE reputation of Fenland in Chelsea Flower Show circles remains as strong as ever as a team of Wisbech gardeners build a rooftop garden for the prestigious show.
Having won a Gold and Best in Show at the Royal Horticultural Society show in 2009 with their Fenland Alchemist Garden, this year Giles Landscapes worked round the clock for designer Patricia Fox of Aralia Garden Design to build a cutting-edge commercial roof garden.
“We were employed to carry out the main build on the roof garden with its back drop of a huge Haddonstone Blockwork wall, large amounts of very impressive bamboo decking with aluminium edging, green wall and green-roofed central building, plus a massive TV screen midway along the back wall,” said Roger Giles, founder of Giles Landscapes.
“It must be a great way of utilising roof space to the best advantage in a very green way, giving a perfect setting to hold business meetings and forget you are in a busy city centre.”
Mr Giles thanked Patricia and his team for their hard work and RBS and Walworth Garden Farm for their sponsorship.
You may also want to watch:
The world-famous Chelsea Garden Show runs until Saturday in London.
- 1 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 2 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 3 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 4 BMW driver 'intentionally rammed' Ford car on A142 before fleeing scene
- 5 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 6 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 7 Football club ‘disappointed’ after vandals damage toilet facilities
- 8 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
- 9 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 10 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges