Green fingered gardeners at Wisbech St Mary raise more than £650 for charity
- Credit: Archant
Lovers of the great outdoors visited a beautifully presented garden when a couple opened their doors as part of the National Gardens Scheme.
Margaret and Graham Rickard raised £657.10 for charity by getting involved in the scheme and had plenty of visitors enjoying the chance to browse at their Wisbech St Mary home.
Mrs Rickard said; “It went very well. Although the garden was about a month behind it started to bloom in the sun on the Sunday.
“We had about 125 visitors.”
The two-acre garden, at Clear View, Cross Lane, boasts a lake, wildlife area, wildflower gardens, orchard, allotment, cottage garden, rose beds and pond.
You may also want to watch:
There is plenty of secluded seating to enjoy the views and home-made cakes.
Plants, honey and homemade produce were also on sale.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 3 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 4 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 5 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 6 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 7 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 8 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 9 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success