Hundreds raised for Magpie Centre by Upwell’s Greenfinger Gardening Club
- Credit: SUPPLIED
An Upwell-based gardening club has raised more than £600 for a local charity through their fundraising activities throughout the year.
The Greenfingers Gardening Club raised a total of £650 for The Magpie Centre based in Downham Market – members presented the charity with a cheque this week (January 15).
The Magpie Centre provides therapy with more than 130 horse riding and carriage driving lessons a week for all ages and abilities and have done for more than 30 years.
A spokesman for the charity said: “We are supported by over 60 volunteers who help in lessons, with the ponies, field maintenance and fundraising.
“As a small independent charity, we are dependent on donations and volunteers from the local community who give their time in many different ways.”
You may also want to watch:
The money raised by Greenfingers Gardening Club will go towards the winter feed bill for the horses at the centre.
Greenfingers welcome visitors and new members to their meetings held on the third Tuesday of the month at 7pm at Upwell Methodist Church.
- 1 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in radical ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 4 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 5 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 6 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 7 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 8 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 9 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 10 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
For more information on The Magpie Centre, visit: www.rda-westnorfolk.org.uk