Watch the moment bomb squad explode grenade on Cambs building site
- Credit: Archant
Bomb disposal carried out a controlled explosion at a new-build home construction site in Cambridgeshire after workers discovered a grenade.
Police and the Explosive Ordnance Disposal (EOD) team were called to Hampton Water in Peterborough on Tuesday (June 23) at around 9am.
Video footage shows the moment teams disposed of the hand grenade with a loud controlled explosion in a nearby field.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Police said: “Some drama for a Tuesday.
“We were called at 9.20am to reports of a grenade that was found on a construction site in Hampton Water, Peterborough.
You may also want to watch:
“EOD attended and disposed of the grenade in a controlled explosion. The site is now clear.”
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 3 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 4 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 5 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 6 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 7 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 8 Squash club marks 40 years of competitions
- 9 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 10 Keep your eyes peeled for David’s dinosaur this weekend