Watch the moment bomb squad explode grenade on Cambs building site
- Credit: Archant
Bomb disposal carried out a controlled explosion at a new-build home construction site in Cambridgeshire after workers discovered a grenade.
Police and the Explosive Ordnance Disposal (EOD) team were called to Hampton Water in Peterborough on Tuesday (June 23) at around 9am.
Video footage shows the moment teams disposed of the hand grenade with a loud controlled explosion in a nearby field.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Police said: “Some drama for a Tuesday.
“We were called at 9.20am to reports of a grenade that was found on a construction site in Hampton Water, Peterborough.
You may also want to watch:
“EOD attended and disposed of the grenade in a controlled explosion. The site is now clear.”
- 1 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 2 Emergency services – including two air ambulances – rush to A10 crash
- 3 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 4 Jonathan Van Tam’s mum gets Covid-19 vaccination at Cambs clinic
- 5 Pedestrian dies crossing busy Cambridgeshire road
- 6 Environment Agency seize 52 illegal fishing devices from region’s rivers
- 7 'Not a sprint, a marathon' cautions NHS staff in the Fens
- 8 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
- 9 Council chairman urges people to have Covid-19 vaccine when offered
- 10 Man sentenced for carrying knife after 'someone threatened'