Groups to battle litter
THE Street Pride Volunteers are joining forces with the Friends of Leverington Road Cemetery once again tomorrow. The two environmental groups will be litter picking the cemetery, as well as the surrounding playing fields, starting at 10am. The Friends of
THE Street Pride Volunteers are joining forces with the Friends of Leverington Road Cemetery once again tomorrow.
The two environmental groups will be litter picking the cemetery, as well as the surrounding playing fields, starting at 10am.
The Friends of Leverington Road Cemetery have done a fantastic job of restoring the disused cemetery and turning it into a haven for wildlife.
They regularly litter pick the area to keep it safe and tidy but have called on the help of the Street Pride Volunteers to give the area a really good spring clean.
You may also want to watch:
The last time the two groups got together was in June 2006 when they successfully cleared up a huge amount of litter from the area, as well as several larger items of rubbish.
Anyone is welcome to join in the community clean up. Just meet at Chapel Road car park at 10am for a couple of hours of rewarding work.
- 1 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 2 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 3 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 4 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 5 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
- 6 Photographer, Eleanor, wins highly regarded award
- 7 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 8 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 9 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 10 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
For more information on Street Pride, contact Jo Hart, street pride co-ordinator, on 01354 602163.
THE well established Chatteris Street Pride group will hold its next meeting on Monday in the Chatteris Council Chamber (2pm).
The group plans to carry out litter picks and report enviro crime to help keep Chatteris tidy. If you would like to be involved in this ground-breaking group, just turn up to the meeting or contact Richard Cross on 07885 499824 or Terence Shad on 01354 760043.