Guess which part of Fenland is in the top list of households with the highest level of personal debt?
- Credit: Archant
People in Whittlesey and Coates – with a PE7 0 postcode- have ‘won’ the unlikely accolade of living in a part of the country with some of the highest levels of personal debt.
It has come fourth in a league table compiled by the British Bankers Association which looked at 9,000 post sectors across the country.
Part of Peterborough, Hampton, Folksworth and Yaxley, have the same PE postcode and form part of the survey of personal debt.
Translated into actual cash it means those living in this postcode area owe on average £2,000 in personal loans.
The BBA took information and data from banks and building societies and together with information from the 2011 census created their top 10 postcodes with the highest levels of personal debt.
Part of Bath – postcode BA1 9- topped the league table and close behind was part of London with the postcode EC1V 2.
- 1 Take a look inside this £600,000 converted barn hidden in the Fens
- 2 Teenager, 19, on County Drug Lines heroin and crack cocaine charge
- 3 Plumbing ringleader who ‘traded under multiple names’ jailed
- 4 Motorists face extra time on journeys due to A141 closure
- 5 Real living wage given to frontline care home workers
- 6 Dealer flees on foot leaving drugs, cash and his bike behind
- 7 Cup winners, bumper crowds and an ex-England star amongst Fenmen success
- 8 'Most stunning' The Chase contestant takes on fresh challenge
- 9 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 10 Couple up for the challenge as new high street shop launched