Guest arrested in early hours at March hotel accused of rape - white Mercedes van removed from car park by Cambs police
- Credit: Archant
Police entered a March hotel today to arrest a 32-year-old man who had been staying there on suspicion of rape.
The guest’s room was entered by police at around 5am and the man was taken away for questioning.
No staff have been allowed to enter the room since, while police conduct further inquiries.
Outside, in the car park of the Oliver Cromwell Hotel, what is thought to have been the guest’s white Mercedes van was guarded by police for several hours.
Shortly before 11am it was removed by the Cambridgeshire Police force recovery contractors.
You may also want to watch:
A police spokesman said: “A 32-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of rape and is currently in custody at the Police Investigation Centre in King’s Lynn.”
A white Mercedes van was also recovered by J.S. Holmes this morning from the hotel car park.
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 3 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 4 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 5 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 6 Farm donates pumpkins and money to hospitals ‘close to our hearts’
- 7 Man found dead in March
- 8 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 9 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 10 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens