Gunners fan has a ball!
A YOUNG Arsenal fan has enjoyed a fantastic day out at his favourite club after being selected as a ball boy. Ryan Chapman, 15, of Creek Road, March, was one of only 20 youngsters selected to be ball boys for Arsenal s final season at Highbury. And as a r
A YOUNG Arsenal fan has enjoyed a fantastic day out at his favourite club after being selected as a ball boy.
Ryan Chapman, 15, of Creek Road, March, was one of only 20 youngsters selected to be ball boys for Arsenal's final season at Highbury.
And as a result, Ryan was invited to a special day out at Arsenal's new home, The Emirates Stadium.
Ryan and the other ball boys and girls accompanied members of the Junior Gunners club to meet the players in the impressive Diamond Club box overlooking the superb new pitch.
Ryan was allowed to take a guest and he asked his grandfather Clive, who was delighted to accept the offer.
Clive said: "I am a lifelong Arsenal supporter and I was over the moon when Ryan asked me to go with him.
- 1 Glasses smashed and beer poured on pub floor after alcohol refusal
- 2 Roll up, roll up, for the Fenland Council mini ‘sale of the century’
- 3 Police ‘increasingly concerned’ for woman missing since Wednesday
- 4 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 5 Zip-shaped mark on Rikki's body came from his anorak – the one used to strangle him, court told
- 6 £14.6m school transformation complete after two-year project
- 7 Man suffers injuries after A142 morning crash
- 8 ‘Loved and valued volunteer’ shares her special bond with charity
- 9 Motorists face extra time on journeys due to A141 closure
- 10 WATCH: Emotional tribute to honour and remember crash victim
"We were treated to a buffet lunch and we had a good look around the stadium, which is absolutely superb."
But that was just the beginning of a day to remember.
Ryan and all the other guests were then introduced to some of the Arsenal players including Thierry Henry, Freddie Ljungberg, Theo Walcott, Robin van Persie and Cesc Fabregas.
The ball boys were then awarded with commemorative medallions, and had the opportunity to chat to the players and collect their autographs.