Gunners fan has a ball!
A YOUNG Arsenal fan has enjoyed a fantastic day out at his favourite club after being selected as a ball boy. Ryan Chapman, 15, of Creek Road, March, was one of only 20 youngsters selected to be ball boys for Arsenal s final season at Highbury. And as a r
A YOUNG Arsenal fan has enjoyed a fantastic day out at his favourite club after being selected as a ball boy.
Ryan Chapman, 15, of Creek Road, March, was one of only 20 youngsters selected to be ball boys for Arsenal's final season at Highbury.
And as a result, Ryan was invited to a special day out at Arsenal's new home, The Emirates Stadium.
Ryan and the other ball boys and girls accompanied members of the Junior Gunners club to meet the players in the impressive Diamond Club box overlooking the superb new pitch.
You may also want to watch:
Ryan was allowed to take a guest and he asked his grandfather Clive, who was delighted to accept the offer.
Clive said: "I am a lifelong Arsenal supporter and I was over the moon when Ryan asked me to go with him.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 3 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 4 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 6 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 7 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 8 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 9 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 10 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital
"We were treated to a buffet lunch and we had a good look around the stadium, which is absolutely superb."
But that was just the beginning of a day to remember.
Ryan and all the other guests were then introduced to some of the Arsenal players including Thierry Henry, Freddie Ljungberg, Theo Walcott, Robin van Persie and Cesc Fabregas.
The ball boys were then awarded with commemorative medallions, and had the opportunity to chat to the players and collect their autographs.