Thieves wreck Indian restaurant in the Fens - smashing plates, breaking furnishings and making off with alcohol and goods
- Credit: Archant
Thieves broke into an Indian restaurant and wrecked the premises before making off with alcohol and food stock.
A trail of devastation greeted the owners and staff of the Gurkha Indian Restaurant in Dartford Road, March, when they arrived today.
“Plates had been smashed, furniture upended and broken; the restaurant was a total mess,” said one of the partners. “It’s simply horrible.”
Police were called shortly after 9am when the owners turned up having closed for business two weeks ago. Their plan is to re-open it temporarily for take-away food only.
Thieves got in through a rear window before beginning a rampage through the restaurant. Bosses believe half the stock has been stolen although they said the mess was so bad it was hard to work out the extent of the loss and damage.
You may also want to watch:
“We are simply bewildered why anyone would do so this,” said the partner. “We are all speechless.”
In its three-year history the restaurant has built a reputation locally for its Asian, Nepalese and Indian cooking.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 4 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 5 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 6 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 7 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 8 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 9 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
- 10 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital