Guyhirn man left with broken collar bone after Westry motorbike crash - did you see anything?
- Credit: Archant
A Guyhirn man is appealing for information about a motorbike crash near March which left him with a broken collar bone.
Steve Chapman was riding his 13-month-old Honda CB500 along Westry when he came off the road and crashed near to St Mary’s Church on October 10 – but he doesn’t remember how the incident happened.
After the incident - Mr Chapman’s second in 46 years of being a motorcyclist - spent two days in intensive care, two days in critical care and three days on the ward at Peterborough City Hospital.
“I couldn’t even speak for the first couple of days and kept getting my days wrong.
“For the sake of my family, I’m thinking of giving up biking,” he added.
“I just remember being in traffic in Westry. You can see all the damage on the grass verge that I made with the bike, but it could have been a lot worse.
“I think the bike must have flipped over and someone in a car called an ambulance for me. I remember the paramedics cutting my clothes off but not much else.
- 1 Police 'increasingly concerned' for man missing since early hours yesterday
- 2 'Giving a child the chance to be a child lifts my heart’ says foster carer
- 3 Obsessive stalker jailed for posting explicit photographs of his former partner
- 4 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 5 Recap: Wire damage disrupts Hitchin and Peterborough trains
- 6 Man, 28, dies after truck and lorries crash on A47
- 7 Recap: Thameslink passengers urged to delay travel due to 'incidents'
- 8 Three rail and bus strikes in London and the East this week
- 9 Two combine harvesters catch fire in under 12 hours
- 10 Unauthorised encampments across Cambs a 'tricky issue' says Police and Crime Commissioner
“If anybody knows what happened please can they get in touch. It’s just a mystery to me.”