Guyhirn man left with broken collar bone after Westry motorbike crash - did you see anything?
- Credit: Archant
A Guyhirn man is appealing for information about a motorbike crash near March which left him with a broken collar bone.
Steve Chapman was riding his 13-month-old Honda CB500 along Westry when he came off the road and crashed near to St Mary’s Church on October 10 – but he doesn’t remember how the incident happened.
After the incident - Mr Chapman’s second in 46 years of being a motorcyclist - spent two days in intensive care, two days in critical care and three days on the ward at Peterborough City Hospital.
“I couldn’t even speak for the first couple of days and kept getting my days wrong.
“For the sake of my family, I’m thinking of giving up biking,” he added.
You may also want to watch:
“I just remember being in traffic in Westry. You can see all the damage on the grass verge that I made with the bike, but it could have been a lot worse.
“I think the bike must have flipped over and someone in a car called an ambulance for me. I remember the paramedics cutting my clothes off but not much else.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 4 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 5 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 6 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 7 Jail for pair who threatened group with sword
- 8 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital
- 9 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
“If anybody knows what happened please can they get in touch. It’s just a mystery to me.”