HAIR-RAISING!: March man ‘like a gorilla’ to have back and chest waxed
WHEN Tony Sceal’s daughter said he looked like a gorilla, he decided it was finally time to have his back and chest waxed.
But his pain will result in a massive gain for a charity he supports - Parkinson’s UK.
Mr Sceal, 63, of March, who suffers from Parkinson’s, is hoping to raise hundreds of pounds for the charity when he has strips tore off him next Wednesday.
He said: “I wasn’t worried about it until a few people said how painful it is. But there’s no backing down now - and it will keep the children and grandchildren quiet!”
The waxing will take place at Bellezza Beauty Spa in The Avenue, March.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Sceal said he might have his back waxed and his wife, Jeannie, suggested he raise money for Parkinson’s UK, a charity they both support, in the process.
Mrs Sceal said: “I warned him it might be painful but he didn’t seem to mind.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 3 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 5 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 6 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 7 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 8 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 9 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 10 Parents 'can never forgive' actions for Maddie's murder
“A couple of weeks ago our daughter was a bit concerned about Tony getting sunburned while he was sitting outside so she rubbed some suntan lotion on his back. She said it was putting lotion on a gorilla.
“He said that was enough - he was definitely going to get it done.”
Sponsorship forms are available at the business reception of Fenland Hall in March, where Mrs Sceal used to work. Family and friends are also raising money.
Proceeds raised through forms will be donated to Parkinson’s UK March Branch, which Mr and Mrs Sceal are both members of.
A Just Giving page has also been created, with proceeds benefiting Parkinson’s UK nationally. To donate visit www.justgiving.com/tonysceal