Hairy Bikers relish Wisbech pupils’ pizzas
THE BBC’s Hairy Bikers taste-tested pizza made by teenage chefs from Wisbech Grammar School last month at a top food festival at historic Ludlow Castle.
A-level students Chloe Garner (17), Natasha Freeman (16) and Charlotte Munson (16) spent two days at the Ludlow Food Festival in Shropshire accompanied by the school’s head of food and nutrition, Mrs Alison Sloan.
They ran a stand at the festival to promote Taste Real Food UK, a non-profit-making organization established to promote local food.
The girls made palatable pizzas from local produce in a wood-fired bread oven and television presenters the Hairy Bikers, who were filming at the show, visited the students to savour their stand.
Mrs Sloan said: “Cooking with a wood-fired bread oven is totally different and very fast because it works so quickly. Our pizzas were being cooked in three minutes.
“We were there to promote the national Taste Real Food UK organization and we were asked to go because we have our own Fenland group.”
- 1 Glasses smashed and beer poured on pub floor after alcohol refusal
- 2 Roll up, roll up, for the Fenland Council mini ‘sale of the century’
- 3 Police ‘increasingly concerned’ for woman missing since Wednesday
- 4 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 5 Zip-shaped mark on Rikki's body came from his anorak – the one used to strangle him, court told
- 6 £14.6m school transformation complete after two-year project
- 7 Man suffers injuries after A142 morning crash
- 8 Motorists face extra time on journeys due to A141 closure
- 9 ‘Loved and valued volunteer’ shares her special bond with charity
- 10 WATCH: Emotional tribute to honour and remember crash victim