Hairy Bikers relish Wisbech pupils’ pizzas
THE BBC’s Hairy Bikers taste-tested pizza made by teenage chefs from Wisbech Grammar School last month at a top food festival at historic Ludlow Castle.
A-level students Chloe Garner (17), Natasha Freeman (16) and Charlotte Munson (16) spent two days at the Ludlow Food Festival in Shropshire accompanied by the school’s head of food and nutrition, Mrs Alison Sloan.
They ran a stand at the festival to promote Taste Real Food UK, a non-profit-making organization established to promote local food.
The girls made palatable pizzas from local produce in a wood-fired bread oven and television presenters the Hairy Bikers, who were filming at the show, visited the students to savour their stand.
Mrs Sloan said: “Cooking with a wood-fired bread oven is totally different and very fast because it works so quickly. Our pizzas were being cooked in three minutes.
You may also want to watch:
“We were there to promote the national Taste Real Food UK organization and we were asked to go because we have our own Fenland group.”
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 4 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 5 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 6 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 7 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital
- 8 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 9 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire