Halloween party fun at Gorefield’s new community hall
- Credit: Archant
Witches, ghouls and skeletons were out in force in Gorefield for a family Halloween party at the village’s new community hall, which was opened earlier this year by TV sports presenter Jake Humphrey.
Party goers enjoyed traditional Halloween fun, including apple bobbing and party games, as well as a disco and barbecue.
Secretary of the Gorefield Playing Field Association, Councillor Michael Humphrey said: “The event was very well supported, and raised more than £300 for the new hall.
“There was a lovely family atmosphere, with many people dressing up in costume. The games were great fun, especially the youngsters wrapping each other up as mummies, in toilet rolls.”
The Deputy Mayor of Wisbech, Councillor Michael Hill and his wife Jane judged the fancy dress competition. Joanne Clark won the adult section, and Brayden Skinner took the honours in the junior competition.
You may also want to watch:
The event was organised by Cllr Humphrey’s wife Marie, alongside the Gorefield Playing Field Association committee.
Cllr Humphrey added: “The hall was opened back in the summer by my nephew Jake, and this was one of the first family parties we have arranged here. It is all about building up the use of the hall, and I am sure we will have another family event soon.”
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Man found dead in March
- 3 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 4 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 5 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 6 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 7 Every little helps for surprised shopper thanks to Tesco worker
- 8 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 9 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire