Super heroes power up to deliver sweets to sick children for Halloween
- Credit: Archant
A team of superheroes are powering up ready to deliver goodies to children who are sick or cannot get out on Halloween.
The Halloween Heroes will create an extra spark this year thanks to March fire fighters who are joining them.
Dan Martin, who coordinates the event, said: “We are a team of “Super Heroes” who gather up treats and visit kids on Halloween who aren’t able to go out trick or treating, so instead we bring the treats to them, whether they are poorly, scared, too young or have disabilities.
“If you know a little boy or girl who deserves a visit from the team, we invite you to check out our Facebook page “The Halloween Heroes” for further details.
“We mainly rely on the kind public for donations of sweets and treats, and the more we get, the more generous we can be with them.
You may also want to watch:
“If you would like to help out, Rob Phipps from The Pet Shop March has kindly offered to use his shop as a donations drop off point, please ensure sweets are unopened and in date and lets make this year a good one.
“It is our pleasure to announce that this year the March Firefighters will be joining us once again, providing they don’t get called out of course, so please don’t burn your toast on Halloween.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 4 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 5 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 6 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 7 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 8 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 9 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 10 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
“The crew were a huge hit with the kids last year so we are excited to have them on board again.”
Dan runs That Wildlife Rescue Guy Facebook page where you can read stories of various rescues he has carried out including ducklings stuck in a tunnel, an injured fox and a kestrel hit and found unconscious in the middle of the busy A47.