FORTY Brownies and 40 ex-Brownies and guests celebrated the 50th anniversary of March St John s Pack. The group, which started on May 1 1956, held a birthday party at the Church hall. Previous Brown Owls and helpers attended. Linda Johnson, Brown Owl from
FORTY Brownies and 40 ex-Brownies and guests celebrated the 50th anniversary of March St John's Pack.
The group, which started on May 1 1956, held a birthday party at the Church hall. Previous Brown Owls and helpers attended. Linda Johnson, Brown Owl from 1976 to 1986, spoke about the trips the group organised every year and recalled trips to London, and one to Hampton Court when the girls met Princess Margaret who was patron of the Brownies at the time.
The Brownies had sent out invitations to members of the Guiding Association and made hats. They had a special tea followed by games and a disco.
Paula Syred, Divisional Commissioner, said: "It is absolutely brilliant how St John's group have adapted to take on the new programme. Currently there are approximately 200 members in the March district."
Brown Owl Brenda Baker was helped out by Judith Smith (Tawny Owl) and Lyn Cannell (Eagle Owl), along with several young leaders and helpers. Brenda, Brown Owl for 21 years, described the evening as "enjoyable for the adults as well as Brownies".
- 1 Glasses smashed and beer poured on pub floor after alcohol refusal
- 2 Roll up, roll up, for the Fenland Council mini ‘sale of the century’
- 3 Police ‘increasingly concerned’ for woman missing since Wednesday
- 4 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 5 Zip-shaped mark on Rikki's body came from his anorak – the one used to strangle him, court told
- 6 £14.6m school transformation complete after two-year project
- 7 Man suffers injuries after A142 morning crash
- 8 ‘Loved and valued volunteer’ shares her special bond with charity
- 9 Motorists face extra time on journeys due to A141 closure
- 10 WATCH: Emotional tribute to honour and remember crash victim