Happy Christmas and good elf to everyone - Tesco staff raise money for health charities
- Credit: Archant
Staff at Wisbech Tesco got dressed up to take part in the Every Little Elf event to fund raise for Diabetes UK and the British Heart Foundation.
Staff got into the festive spirit as part of a three year partnership which aims to raise £30 million to encourage people to eat better and get active, as well as funding the vital work of the BHF and Diabetes UK.
In store was an elfie selfie stand, an every little elf challenge for children as well as elf race teams and workshops.
There are currently thousands of people in Wisbech who are at increased risk of developing heart disease and Type 2 diabetes, said a store spokesman.
Having Type 2 diabetes puts people in a greater risk of later developing heart disease.
You may also want to watch:
Both conditions are interlinked and can be preventable.
To tackle this, half of the money raised through fund raising is split between the two charities, helping to fund their vital and ongoing work.
- 1 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 2 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 3 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 4 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 5 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 6 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
- 7 Photographer, Eleanor, wins highly regarded award
- 8 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 9 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 10 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
A spokesman for the partnership said: “There are currently 3.5 million people in the UK living with Type 2 diabetes and around seven million people living with heart and circulatory disease. A healthy lifestyle can reduce people’s risk of these conditions.”