Happy families and wagging tails at a fun dog show that raises £1,450 for a dog rescue group
- Credit: Archant
Four legged friends and their owners arrived in their hordes to enjoy a day of fun which netted £1,450 for a dog rescue group.
The Ravenswood Pet Rescue family fun day was hailed a resounding success by organisers who are donating 10 per cent of funds to the Estover Playing Field Association where the event was held.
The fun day money will go towards paying vet bills for Ravenswood which re-homes dogs from kennels in London boroughs as well as from Cambridgeshire and Norfolk councils.
The group also takes in dogs from people who for various reasons can no longer care for their animals.
All of them are looked after by foster carers in the March and Wisbech area until they are found their forever homes.
Shelley Ridgeon, of Ravenswood, said: “The day was fantastic, far better than we ever expected.
“The dog show went down like a dream and was really well supported. It was loads of fun.
- 1 Glasses smashed and beer poured on pub floor after alcohol refusal
- 2 Roll up, roll up, for the Fenland Council mini ‘sale of the century’
- 3 Police ‘increasingly concerned’ for woman missing since Wednesday
- 4 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 5 Zip-shaped mark on Rikki's body came from his anorak – the one used to strangle him, court told
- 6 £14.6m school transformation complete after two-year project
- 7 Man suffers injuries after A142 morning crash
- 8 Motorists face extra time on journeys due to A141 closure
- 9 ‘Loved and valued volunteer’ shares her special bond with charity
- 10 WATCH: Emotional tribute to honour and remember crash victim
“People came from as far away as Yarmouth, it’s unbelievable. It went so well we are going to hold the event next year and make it even bigger.
“Not only have we raised money we have also raised the profile of Ravenswood and the work we do to help find dogs forever homes.”
The day saw local bands perform, a disco, face painting, stalls and refreshments.
“A big thanks go to local businesses, councillor Jan French and mayor Rob Skoulding who supported us,” she added.
The Ravenswood Pet Rescue shop is at Bambers Garden Centre and is open Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday from 10-4pm.