Happy families and wagging tails at a fun dog show that raises £1,450 for a dog rescue group
- Credit: Archant
Four legged friends and their owners arrived in their hordes to enjoy a day of fun which netted £1,450 for a dog rescue group.
The Ravenswood Pet Rescue family fun day was hailed a resounding success by organisers who are donating 10 per cent of funds to the Estover Playing Field Association where the event was held.
The fun day money will go towards paying vet bills for Ravenswood which re-homes dogs from kennels in London boroughs as well as from Cambridgeshire and Norfolk councils.
The group also takes in dogs from people who for various reasons can no longer care for their animals.
All of them are looked after by foster carers in the March and Wisbech area until they are found their forever homes.
You may also want to watch:
Shelley Ridgeon, of Ravenswood, said: “The day was fantastic, far better than we ever expected.
“The dog show went down like a dream and was really well supported. It was loads of fun.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 3 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 5 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 6 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 7 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 8 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 9 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 10 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital
“People came from as far away as Yarmouth, it’s unbelievable. It went so well we are going to hold the event next year and make it even bigger.
“Not only have we raised money we have also raised the profile of Ravenswood and the work we do to help find dogs forever homes.”
The day saw local bands perform, a disco, face painting, stalls and refreshments.
“A big thanks go to local businesses, councillor Jan French and mayor Rob Skoulding who supported us,” she added.
The Ravenswood Pet Rescue shop is at Bambers Garden Centre and is open Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday from 10-4pm.