Hare coursers and dogs swim free after ‘two car loads’ amongst those stuck in Welney Wash flooding
- Credit: Twitter/@FenCops
Two groups of suspected hare coursers are amongst those with vehicles stuck in the Welney Wash flooding, Fen Cops have revealed.
Seven men with dogs were reportedly spotted swimming free from their 4x4 cars after they got stuck on the notorious A1101.
Police officers posted pictures of the cars on social media and even joked the coursers had a "long squelch home" after trying to drive through the wash.
It said: "Two car loads of hare coursers had a long squelch home after trying to drive through the flooded Welney Wash road.
"Seven men with dogs [were] reported swimming from the area. #chafing #RCAT #OpGalileo #TravelTuesday #TuesdayThoughts."
You may also want to watch:
The post comes after photographer Terry Harris flew a drone over the road and revealed several drivers - who ignored the warning signs - have their cars lodged.
The incident is thought to have taken place at some point last week, but an exact date is unclear - police have been contacted for a comment.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 4 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 5 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 6 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 7 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 8 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 9 Man found dead in March
- 10 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
The flooding has now subsided, and road has since re-opened.