Three men caught hare coursing in Wimblington - and more hare coursers spotted in Manea days later
- Credit: Archant
Three men were caught hare coursing in Wimblington this week.
On Wednesday (December 13) Cambridgeshire Police’s Rural Crime Action Team received reports of three men hare coursing with five dogs.
They attended the scene – supported by a police helicopter – and the men, who had parked up in a red Land Rover, fled but eventually gave themselves up.
And just two days later, hare coursers returned to the Fens – this time in Manea.
A resident posted to the village’s discussion page this morning (December 15): “Please be on the look-out. I hope the police helicopter will catch the people just about start hare coursing.
You may also want to watch:
“I live down Wimblington Road and they pulled into our drive way – little do they know we have CCTV and yes, I rang the police.”
The resident then went on to say they received verbal abuse from the hare coursers who urinated on their property.
- 1 Spectators to be 'kept well away' when 85m chimneys come down
- 2 Fenland line-up for Cambridgeshire elections
- 3 Videographer captures lifeboat hoist at town boatyard
- 4 Council road sweeper vehicle involved in collision with car
- 5 Retrospective bid for travellers' site
- 6 12 exciting new businesses to discover when lockdown restrictions ease
- 7 Residents escape kitchen fire after bank holiday blaze
- 8 Alligator-owning farmer stars in new Ross Kemp ITV documentary
- 9 Former homeless recreate ‘Lunch atop a Skyscraper’ photograph
- 10 Person hit by train between Cambridge and Ely