Three men caught hare coursing in Wimblington - and more hare coursers spotted in Manea days later
- Credit: Archant
Three men were caught hare coursing in Wimblington this week.
On Wednesday (December 13) Cambridgeshire Police’s Rural Crime Action Team received reports of three men hare coursing with five dogs.
They attended the scene – supported by a police helicopter – and the men, who had parked up in a red Land Rover, fled but eventually gave themselves up.
And just two days later, hare coursers returned to the Fens – this time in Manea.
A resident posted to the village’s discussion page this morning (December 15): “Please be on the look-out. I hope the police helicopter will catch the people just about start hare coursing.
You may also want to watch:
“I live down Wimblington Road and they pulled into our drive way – little do they know we have CCTV and yes, I rang the police.”
The resident then went on to say they received verbal abuse from the hare coursers who urinated on their property.
- 1 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 2 Jonathan Van Tam’s mum gets Covid-19 vaccination at Cambs clinic
- 3 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 4 Emergency services – including two air ambulances – rush to A10 crash
- 5 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
- 6 Pedestrian dies crossing busy Cambridgeshire road
- 7 'Not a sprint, a marathon' cautions NHS staff in the Fens
- 8 Man sentenced for carrying knife after 'someone threatened'
- 9 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 10 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years