Three men caught hare coursing in Wimblington - and more hare coursers spotted in Manea days later
- Credit: Archant
Three men were caught hare coursing in Wimblington this week.
On Wednesday (December 13) Cambridgeshire Police’s Rural Crime Action Team received reports of three men hare coursing with five dogs.
They attended the scene – supported by a police helicopter – and the men, who had parked up in a red Land Rover, fled but eventually gave themselves up.
And just two days later, hare coursers returned to the Fens – this time in Manea.
A resident posted to the village’s discussion page this morning (December 15): “Please be on the look-out. I hope the police helicopter will catch the people just about start hare coursing.
“I live down Wimblington Road and they pulled into our drive way – little do they know we have CCTV and yes, I rang the police.”
The resident then went on to say they received verbal abuse from the hare coursers who urinated on their property.
- 1 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home
- 2 Leslie 'faster, fitter, happier' after losing 10 stone in four months
- 3 Family pleased with 'huge reaction' thanks to charity Christmas lights
- 4 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
- 5 Multiple emergency services at scene after B1098 crash
- 6 Primary school plans for new town take step forward
- 7 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks
- 8 Isabella, 10, impresses to win top prize ahead of Whittlesey Extravaganza
- 9 Could you give these pets a home?
- 10 Tributes paid to 'beloved husband' killed crossing road