Harmonica legend returns to hold another masterclass in Fenland this weekend
A HARMONICA legend is returning to Fenland this weekend to hold another workshop and pass on his expertise to budding players across the area.
Steve Lockwood will be hosting a masterclass on Saturday at March Youth and Community Centre in Station Road and encourages all playing standards to attend.
He brings 20 years of experience and top-class performing knowledge to the area and has a degree in classical musical harmonica playing. Appearances on BBC1, BBC 2, ITV, Channel 4 and live radio appearances across the world have made him one of the most well-known players on the planet.
Mr Lockwood said: “I’m happy for absolutely anyone to attend the event.
“Whether you are a beginner or an expert I don’t really mind. The harmonica is a very accessible instrument and I can guarantee you’ll see results at the end of the day.
You may also want to watch:
“Very often we have first timers playing 11 songs by the end of a session. It’s fun and although it sounds strange, the less you know the better you’ll do.
“Here’s a chance for those who always which they had started, or never given up playing an instrument to get into music.”
- 1 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 2 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 3 Charity shop supervisor fraudster must pay back £2,550
- 4 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 5 'Horrific ordeal' of saleswoman tied up, restrained and sexually assaulted
- 6 Carpenter 'honoured' by thank-you gifts to mark 25 years' service
- 7 Opposition sign historic power sharing agreement to seize control of county council
- 8 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 9 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
Mr Lockwood is hoping to run a four-week course in the area from January.
The class runs from 10am-4pm and will cost between �15-20. For further details contact the the centre on 01354 653148.