Harmonica legend returns to hold another masterclass in Fenland this weekend
A HARMONICA legend is returning to Fenland this weekend to hold another workshop and pass on his expertise to budding players across the area.
Steve Lockwood will be hosting a masterclass on Saturday at March Youth and Community Centre in Station Road and encourages all playing standards to attend.
He brings 20 years of experience and top-class performing knowledge to the area and has a degree in classical musical harmonica playing. Appearances on BBC1, BBC 2, ITV, Channel 4 and live radio appearances across the world have made him one of the most well-known players on the planet.
Mr Lockwood said: “I’m happy for absolutely anyone to attend the event.
“Whether you are a beginner or an expert I don’t really mind. The harmonica is a very accessible instrument and I can guarantee you’ll see results at the end of the day.
You may also want to watch:
“Very often we have first timers playing 11 songs by the end of a session. It’s fun and although it sounds strange, the less you know the better you’ll do.
“Here’s a chance for those who always which they had started, or never given up playing an instrument to get into music.”
- 1 Pub closes as owners decide not to sell
- 2 Work starts on £3.16m apprenticeship training school
- 3 Customers report summerhouse builder to fraud investigators
- 4 Yard sale raises over £1,400 from second annual event
- 5 Theatre group stalwart steps down after nine years
- 6 'Panicked' dangerous driver apologises after 90mph police pursuit
- 7 Health chief’s stark warning: ‘The virus doesn’t care we changed the rules’
- 8 Medieval pottery unearthed at Cambs campsite
- 9 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 10 Residents make most of lockdown easing as Christmas comes early
Mr Lockwood is hoping to run a four-week course in the area from January.
The class runs from 10am-4pm and will cost between �15-20. For further details contact the the centre on 01354 653148.