Harmonica legend returns to hold another masterclass in Fenland this weekend
A HARMONICA legend is returning to Fenland this weekend to hold another workshop and pass on his expertise to budding players across the area.
Steve Lockwood will be hosting a masterclass on Saturday at March Youth and Community Centre in Station Road and encourages all playing standards to attend.
He brings 20 years of experience and top-class performing knowledge to the area and has a degree in classical musical harmonica playing. Appearances on BBC1, BBC 2, ITV, Channel 4 and live radio appearances across the world have made him one of the most well-known players on the planet.
Mr Lockwood said: “I’m happy for absolutely anyone to attend the event.
“Whether you are a beginner or an expert I don’t really mind. The harmonica is a very accessible instrument and I can guarantee you’ll see results at the end of the day.
“Very often we have first timers playing 11 songs by the end of a session. It’s fun and although it sounds strange, the less you know the better you’ll do.
“Here’s a chance for those who always which they had started, or never given up playing an instrument to get into music.”
- 1 Boxing club 'absolutely gutted' as mass brawl abandons show
- 2 Live music, over 100 stalls and fair rides as Christmas market returns
- 3 Thief will spend Christmas in prison after breaching court order
- 4 Grandmother paralysed by Covid slowly improving, judge told
- 5 Owner left excited as town's 'heirloom' features on I'm A Celebrity trial
- 6 One arrest and cars seized on busy day for cops
- 7 Horse rider injured in crash on Ramsey Road in Warboys
- 8 Drug dealers operating the ‘Marlo’ and ‘Star’ lines have been jailed
- 9 Staff threatened with sledgehammer in armed robbery at St Neots jewellers
- 10 Rail passengers urged to plan ahead of vital junction rebuild
Mr Lockwood is hoping to run a four-week course in the area from January.
The class runs from 10am-4pm and will cost between �15-20. For further details contact the the centre on 01354 653148.