Harrison Murray among the heroes of the hour as they weigh in with offer of help at arson hit soccer school
- Credit: Archant
Youngsters in March will carry on playing football this weekend – despite a devastating suspected arson attack on their soccer school.
Around £2,000 worth of equipment went up in flames after a fire, which is believed to have been deliberately started at the club’s shed, destroyed line markers, goals, pitch barriers, corner flags and tea-making facilities.
However, the March Soccer School has received amazing community support, from neighbouring football organisations and local businesses – including their Under 8 Blue team sponsors, Harrison Murray.
The estate agents, and keen advocates of the Soccer School, were among the first to offer financial support to help team manager Matt Christian and the club to buy new goal posts and other necessary equipment.
Estate agency manager Nicola Roberts said “We were absolutely devastated when we heard about on the fire at one of the town’s most popular and well-used community projects.
You may also want to watch:
“As a sponsor of one of the club’s teams we particularly wanted to show our support as soon as we heard about the news to enable everyone who works at the club, and the youngsters themselves, to get back to normal as soon as possible.”
Mr Christian said: “While we have been angered and saddened by this, we have been extremely heartened by the amount of support from the sporting, public and business community – including from our sponsors Harrison Murray – for their generosity and caring.
- 1 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 2 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 3 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 4 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 5 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 6 Farm donates pumpkins and money to hospitals ‘close to our hearts’
- 7 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 8 Man found dead in March
- 9 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
“We have been offered loans of equipment to ensure the youngsters can continue with their games this weekend, and we will not allow what has happened to beat us.”