Has a garden from Wisbech St Mary on show during open day caught the eye of TV presenter Alan Titchmarsh?
- Credit: Archant
A village garden open day raised £820 for the Thorpe Hall Hospice in Peterborough.
Wisbech St Mary open gardens are now in their 11th year and this year raised the highest amount ever for charity.
From cottage gardens, container plants, fruit and vegetables, hens, ponds, fish and water features to large landscape gardens, there was something for everyone.
Jayne and Richard Walpole the organisers this year, were delighted with the turn out and generosity of people who spent Saturday enjoying a wide mix of gardens and eating homemade pizza cooked on a wood fired outdoor oven, delicious cream teas and homemade cakes.
“I was quite overwhelmed by the support by all the garden owners who worked so hard preparing for the day to make it such a success. It was wonderful.” said Mrs Walpole
You may also want to watch:
Following the open day, one of the gardens has been contacted by the TV programme makers for Alan Titchmarsh’s ‘Love your Garden’ and waiting to hear if the garden will be featured.
If you are interested in taking part in next year event, phone Jayne or Richard on 07584 341160
- 1 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 2 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 3 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 4 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 5 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
- 6 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 7 Photographer, Eleanor, wins highly regarded award
- 8 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 9 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 10 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home