Have you seen this truck? It was stolen from the Dog in a Doublet pub in Whittlesey
- Credit: Archant
A truck was stolen, seemingly overnight on Wednesday, from outside the Dog in a Doublet pub in Whittlesey.
The Volkswagen Amorak, which is black and has ‘Dog In A Doublet’ written on it in white lettering was found to have gone on Thursday morning.
John McGinn, pub owner, said: “My wife Della and I got up this morning to find out the truck had been nicked.
“I had a cup of coffee and didn’t even realise it had gone until I spoke to the cleaner. He said it wasn’t there when he came in to work at 7.30am.”
The registration plate on the truck is AF63 AFX.
You may also want to watch:
Mr McGinn added: “I’m trying to work it out. Is it someone that’s taken it to do a ram raid? Because if so, we’ll soon hear about it.
Police officers are currently looking into the incident.
- 1 Wife's tribute to husband killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- 2 Fire crews free driver trapped in overturned lorry
- 3 Cannabis worth over £656,000 uncovered in Fen village
- 4 Grandmother of drowning victim calls for Bawsey Pits closure
- 5 14-year-old footballer's 'dream' comes true after securing England trial
- 6 Fire crews and RSPCA rescue foal in danger of drowning
- 7 Man in court after more than £656k of cannabis seized
- 8 Floral tributes laid for man killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- 9 Man, aged in his 40s, dies after suspected drug-fuelled B1101 crash
- 10 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station
If anyone has information they should contact the pub on 01733 202256