Have your say on NHS services in Wisbech and Ely
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech and Ely residents are invited to help shape local health services at a ‘Fit for the Future NHS’ workshop.
The events at Wisbech Library, 6.30pm to 8pm on Thursday and Ely College on Monday March 21 is the third of a series of five ‘Fit for the Future NHS’ workshops that are being held throughout March across Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
The workshops are a continuation of the Public Involvement Assembly sessions that were held last year, and are open to everyone and people who have not previously attended are very welcome.
Discussions will be about the newly formed Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Sustainability and Transformation Programme which is continuing the work of the 2014/15 System Transformation Programme.
This new programme, which involves all local health and social care organisations, is looking at how the significant challenges that face both the local health economy and the national NHS system as a whole can be addressed. It is also looking to help build a health and care system that is fit for the future.
Fiona Head, Clinical Strategy Director, at NHS Cambridgeshire and Peterborough CCG, said: “These workshops will provide the public with an update on our work. They will give people the opportunity to feedback and share their views on how we can deliver improved and sustainable healthcare across Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
“We hope that people who came to the previous Public Involvement Assembly sessions can join us, along with new members of the public wanting to make a difference. We encourage all residents to come along and bring any interested members of their family, and friends, too.”
- 1 Man, 28, dies after truck and lorries crash on A47
- 2 Driver cleared by reason of insanity over death of Louis Thorold
- 3 £150,000 splashpad to open in Wisbech
- 4 Two combine harvesters catch fire in under 12 hours
- 5 Discount store expanding making it ‘bigger and better for customers’
- 6 Unauthorised encampments across Cambs a 'tricky issue' says Police and Crime Commissioner
- 7 Salesman Stephen who 'has a smile every day' marks 45 years at firm
- 8 Drought officially declared in East Anglian region
- 9 Farmer ‘feeling low’ due to increasingly difficult working conditions
- 10 Painter who captured town before 1978 floods finishes 44 years on
Five workshops are scheduled to take place from 6.30pm to 8.00pm as follows:
• Tomorrow (Monday) – The Fleet, Fleet Way, Peterborough PE2 8DL
• Wednesday (16) – Central Library Cambridge, 7 Lion Yard, Grand Arcade, Cambridge CB2 3QD
• Thursday (17) – Wisbech Library, Ely Pl, Wisbech PE13 1EU
• Monday March 21 – Ely College, Downham Road, Ely, Cambridgeshire CB6 2SH
• Tuesday March 22 – Huntingdon Town Hall, Market Hill, Huntingdon PE29 3PJ
Everyone is welcome to attend. It is helpful if residents could let the CCG know if they are planning to attend as this will help to plan the workshops for the number of people attending in each location. Please telephone us on 01223 725304 or email CAPCCG.firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm attendance.
For further information on the Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Sustainability and Transformation Programme please visit http://www.cambridgeshireandpeterboroughccg.nhs.uk/STP/.