Have your say on planning matters in Walpole Cross Keys.
- Credit: Archant
Walpole Cross Keys is the third parish in west Norfolk to submit a proposed neighbourhood development plan to the borough council.
This plan is intended to shape development in the parish, and guide decisions on planning applications.
The plan has been prepared independently by the parish council, with the borough council providing advice and assistance.
The proposed plan will now go through a process which includes independent examination to see if it complies with national requirements, and a local referendum to see if it is supported by the majority of local residents.
If successful this plan will become part of the official ‘development plan’, alongside the borough’s Local Plan.
You may also want to watch:
There is now an eight-week consultation during which anyone may make comments on the plan to help inform the decisions on it.
The usual six-week consultation period has been extended to account for Christmas closures.
- 1 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 2 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 3 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 4 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 5 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 6 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 7 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
- 8 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 9 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 10 Farm donates pumpkins and money to hospitals ‘close to our hearts’
The consultation begins on Monday December 5.
• The proposed neighbourhood plan can be seen on the borough council’s website www.west-norfolk.gov.uk/haveyoursay and at the King’s Lynn office. Anyone wishing to comment must do so in writing by Monday January 30 at 5pm email firstname.lastname@example.org or post to Planning Policy Team, Borough Council of West Norfolk, King’s Court, Chapel Lane, King’s Lynn, PE30 1EX.