Have your say on the future of Chatteris
- Credit: Archant
A group of Chatteris residents have set up a team to find out how people would like to see the town develop.
The new project involves setting up a community plan called Our Chatteris Our Future Our Community Plan which was launched by the Town Council earlier this year.
This aim is to gather the opinions of Chatteris residents and businesses about future development of the town and to encourage the facilities needed to sustain this growth.
The Community Plan Team (CPT) hosted a successful stand at this year’s Midsummer Festival.
Several hundred responses were received and to add to that postcards with three simple questions are being placed around the town for other residents to give a snapshot view of Chatteris.
You may also want to watch:
All responses will form the basis of the main questionnaire that will be sent to every household in the town during the early autumn.
Questionnaire responses will be written into a report that will be presented to Chatteris Town and Fenland District Councils for adoption.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 3 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 4 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 5 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 6 Jail for pair who threatened group with sword
- 7 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 8 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 9 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
Community Plans have been used in other towns and villages as a passport to help release funds through grant fund applications and to attract other income sources for community facilities.
Postcards can be found and returned at Chatteris Museum/Council Chambers in Church Lane, the library in Furrowfields Road, the Chatteris Children’s Centre in Larham Way, the King Edward Centre in King Edward’s Road and the George Clare Surgery in New Road.