Having a ball for the first time in a decade - Wisbech mayor raises hundreds of pounds for local good causes
- Credit: Archant
Hundreds of pounds was raised for good causes when the first mayor’s ball for ten years was held at the Wisbech St Mary Community Centre.
A total of 147 people attended including mayors from many other towns.
Also attending was Carol Cox, chairman of Fenland District Council, and the beadle, Trevor Longmuir.
Mayor, councillor David Hodgson, said: “The evening was a resounding success raising £1,833 for the mayor’s charities fund - £860 of that was raised by the raffle prizes presented by many businesses and friends in the town.”
Entertainment was provided by 1940’s style singer Lula May and Catch 22.
You may also want to watch:
The money will be split between Victoria Lodge for adults with learning disabilities, St Augustine’s community day centre and the Wisbech Tenants and Residents Association.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 3 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 4 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 5 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 6 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 7 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 8 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital
- 9 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend