He enjoyed her cakes for years - now a mother and son have joined forces to open a bakery in Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
A mother and son have joined forces to set up a new bakery in Wisbech.
Natalija and Maksims Netlau will be baking daily to create tasty treats including a wide range of bread and cakes, plus a selection of sweet and savouries pastries – all cooked on site.
Natalija, who has a background of working in a cake shop, has always wanted her own bakery.
Her son Maksims said: “I’m so pleased to be able to help my mother achieve her dream.
“This is our first ever business so we are very excited! I’ve enjoyed her cakes for years and think they are amazing.
You may also want to watch:
“I’m sure that the shoppers of Wisbech will agree.”
President of the Wisbech and District Chamber of Commerce, and centre manager of Wisbech’s Horsefair Shopping Centre, Kevin Smith, welcomed the team to the town.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 3 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 5 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 6 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 7 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 8 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 9 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 10 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital
He said: “They have both worked so hard to start their very first business and we’re delighted that they’ve chosen Wisbech as the destination for it.
“I wish them every success. Their cakes are simply delicious so I urge everyone to try them.”
Big Buns Bakery is in High Street and will be open from 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday and 9am to 2pm on Saturdays.