He enjoyed her cakes for years - now a mother and son have joined forces to open a bakery in Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
A mother and son have joined forces to set up a new bakery in Wisbech.
Natalija and Maksims Netlau will be baking daily to create tasty treats including a wide range of bread and cakes, plus a selection of sweet and savouries pastries – all cooked on site.
Natalija, who has a background of working in a cake shop, has always wanted her own bakery.
Her son Maksims said: “I’m so pleased to be able to help my mother achieve her dream.
“This is our first ever business so we are very excited! I’ve enjoyed her cakes for years and think they are amazing.
“I’m sure that the shoppers of Wisbech will agree.”
President of the Wisbech and District Chamber of Commerce, and centre manager of Wisbech’s Horsefair Shopping Centre, Kevin Smith, welcomed the team to the town.
- 1 Discount store expanding making it ‘bigger and better for customers’
- 2 Salesman Stephen who 'has a smile every day' marks 45 years at firm
- 3 Farmer ‘feeling low’ due to increasingly difficult working conditions
- 4 Arson causes fire to rip through derelict building
- 5 Jury deliberates in trial of driver accused of causing baby’s death
- 6 Jury to go out in trial of driver accused of causing toddler's death
- 7 Police officer speaks out after violent assault left bleed on brain
- 8 'Why not have two stations?' - Villagers air their views on £37m rail project
- 9 Painter who captured town before 1978 floods finishes 44 years on
- 10 Man and teenager jailed after carrying out ‘horrific’ homophobic attack
He said: “They have both worked so hard to start their very first business and we’re delighted that they’ve chosen Wisbech as the destination for it.
“I wish them every success. Their cakes are simply delicious so I urge everyone to try them.”
Big Buns Bakery is in High Street and will be open from 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday and 9am to 2pm on Saturdays.