Man hospitalised with serious injuries after head-on motorcycle collision in Fens
- Credit: Archant
A man was rushed to hospital with serious injuries after two off-road motorcycles collided head-on along a Fenland B road.
The bikes crashed at around 8.50pm on the B1094 Upwell Road at Christchurch on Monday, September 28.
One rider, a man in his 30s, was taken to hospital where he remains in a serious but non-life threatening condition, the other fled the scene.
A spokesperson for Cambridgeshire Police said: “We are appealing for information following a serious collision involving two off-road motorcycles.
“The head-on collision involving the two motorcycles happened at about 8.50pm on the B1094, Upwell Road.
You may also want to watch:
“The rider of one of the bikes was taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital in Cambridge where he remains in a serious but non-life threatening condition.
“The rider of the other bike left the scene before officers arrived.”
- 1 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 2 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 3 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 4 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 5 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 6 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
- 7 Photographer, Eleanor, wins highly regarded award
- 8 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 9 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 10 Have your say on new political map for Fenland council
Anyone who saw the collision or the vehicles in the lead up to it, or has dash cam footage, is urged to contact police via web chat or by calling 101, quoting incident number 428 of September 28.