Driver flees police after head-on crash in Whittlesey town centre
- Credit: SUBMITTED
A man involved in a head-on crash in Whittlesey town centre ran away from chasing officers, police have confirmed.
The incident happened this afternoon (December 17) at around 2pm on Market Street, Whittlesey.
The driver of one of the cars, a man in his 20s, ran from the scene after the collision.
The man is described as white, wearing a black jacket, dark skinny jeans and trainers.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Police said: “Officers attended the scene of the incident, which involved two cars, along with ambulance and fire crews.
You may also want to watch:
“The road was blocked as a result of the collision. The driver of the second vehicle was injured, but further details are unclear.”
An eye-witness has said that both drivers “are ok” and the driver of a silver car involved has been taken to A&E.
- 1 BMW driver 'intentionally rammed' Ford car on A142 before fleeing scene
- 2 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 3 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 4 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 5 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 6 Football club ‘disappointed’ after vandals damage toilet facilities
- 7 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 8 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 9 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 10 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
Anyone who witnessed the collision should call police on 101 quoting CC-17122018-0248 or visit www.cambs.police.uk/report.