Councils to provide free school meal vouchers during half term
- Credit: ARCHANT
Cambridgeshire County Council and Peterborough City Council will be providing vouchers to all children who usually receive free school meals, for use during February half term.
The £15 supermarket vouchers will be issued automatically by February 12 ready for use during the half-term week.
Vouchers will be sent by email and text message to parents/carers.
Eligibility criteria for vouchers
Children will be automatically issued with free school meal vouchers if the parent/carer receive any of the following:
You may also want to watch:
- Income Support
- Income Based Job Seekers Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Child Tax Credit - but no element of Working Tax Credit - and have an annual income (as assessed by HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC)) that does not exceed £16,190
- If you are supported under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Working Tax Credit during the four week period immediately after your employment finishes or after you start to work less hours per week
- Universal Credit with an annual net earned income of no more than £7,400
Vouchers will be provided to families via the council's winter grant scheme.
- 1 Rail travel in the Fens is going to be much nicer
- 2 Shellens quits after committee votes to gag Hickford debate
- 3 Police accuse Wisbech mayor and pub landlord of 'insulting disregard' to licensing objectives
- 4 Two cars – including Range Rover – stolen overnight in keyless thefts
- 5 Nine years jail for paedophile who 'manipulated and exploited' teenage girls
- 6 'We can't stand still' - co-chairman on taking Whittlesey to next level
- 7 Motorist escapes serious injury after Sixteen Foot Bank crash
- 8 Man hospitalised with serious injuries after industrial accident
- 9 Jail for sex offender who went abroad and missed his appointments
- 10 Drunk and disorderly man ‘ashamed and embarrassed’ after arrest
If parents/carers do not wish to receive a food voucher, let your school know as soon as possible so the council can reallocate the voucher to someone else in need.