Community champions release video blogs ahead of July 19 changes
- Credit: Cambridgeshire and Peterborough County Council
Community champions across Cambridgeshire and Peterborough are recording video blogs to help people who do not speak English as their first language keep up to date with national changes coming into effect next week – and in particular the need to remain cautious.
Cambridgeshire County Council say the champions have been supportive throughout the entire pandemic, recording video blogs when national guidance has changed.
They have also translated written materials, all to make sure as many people as possible understand how they can keep themselves safe and reduce transmission of the virus.
The blogs will be shared across the whole of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough, with more videos being added each day.
Coronavirus: what you need to do
In England, Step 3 restrictions remain in place and a move to Step 4 will happen from 19 July.
The latest guidelines for England are:
• You can meet indoors in a group of up to six people or a group of any size from two households.
• You can meet outside in a group of up to 30 people.
• Work from home if you can and travel safely.
• If you have Covid-19 symptoms, get a test and stay at home.
• Free rapid lateral flow tests are available to everyone without symptoms.
• Remain cautious, even if you’ve had the vaccine - this is because the vaccine takes two to three weeks to work and for a full course, two doses are required. It is still possible to catch COVID after having had the vaccine, so it’s important to continue with social distancing, handwashing and other safety measures.
Find out more about the roadmap out of lockdown.
There are simple actions we must all do to keep on protecting each other:
• Wash hands – keep washing your hands regularly.
• Cover face – wear a face covering in enclosed spaces.
• Make space – stay at least two metres apart – or 1 metre with a face covering or other precautions.
• If you have any coronavirus symptoms, get a test and stay at home.