Health team promotes benefits of healthy living to Fenland companies
- Credit: Archant
A HEALTH team has been visiting Fenland’s businesses to promote healthy living to the staff.
Representatives from Fenland District Council, the NHS’s Camquit service and Cambridgeshire County Council Public Health team have offered advise to workers about diet, exercise, alcohol and smoking.
Councillor Peter Murphy, FDC’s portfolio holder responsible for environmental health, said: “Going into the workplace and working together like this is a good way of getting important health messages across in a practical, low-cost way.
“It is one way we can help to tackle the significant health problems that Fenland has. Importantly, the advice doesn’t just help individuals – businesses also benefit from having a healthy workforce.”
Two “Healthy Employers” sessions have been held at Rustler Produce in Chatteris, including one last week when workers had their carbon monoxide levels and blood pressure checked and received individual health advice.
You may also want to watch:
Some workers also took part in a rowing challenge.
Other companies which have welcomed the project include Greencore Prepared Meals in Wisbech, where a second session is due on June 5.
- 1 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 2 'Not a sprint, a marathon' cautions NHS staff in the Fens
- 3 Pedestrian dies crossing busy Cambridgeshire road
- 4 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
- 5 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 6 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 7 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 8 Emergency services – including two air ambulances – rush to A10 crash
- 9 Homeless champion delighted as young couple finally have shelter
- 10 Jonathan Van Tam’s mum gets Covid-19 vaccination at Cambs clinic
For more information on the Healthy Employer project, call Debra Bodger in FDC’s environmental health team on 01354 654321 or email email@example.com