Healthwatch wants to know what it’s like on hospital waiting lists
- Credit: PA
Independent health and care watchdogs Healthwatch Cambridgeshire want to hear from those across the county on hospital waiting lists.
Hospitals across Cambridgeshire and Peterborough are having to make tough decisions after delays and cancellations due to Covid-19.
A spokesperson for Healthwatch Cambridgeshire said: “It’s going to take time to restore local services – and deal with the backlog.
“And it means local people are waiting longer for non-urgent treatments and procedures as well as tests and appointments.
“Is your operation or treatment on pause or are you waiting to be seen? We want to hear how you are coping with the delays.”
Feedback will go back to NHS decision-makers so that they understand what’s important to local people who are waiting.
Healthwatch wants to hear:
- 1 Fenland man repeatedly raped woman for 20 years
- 2 Motorcyclist killed after driver fell asleep at the wheel
- 3 Man dies after van and lorry crash on A141
- 4 Man arrested following Peterborough 'murder'
- 5 Clarion Housing ‘cyber incident’ affects thousands of tenants
- 6 Woman who twice ignored 'no fly tipping' signs faces two fines
- 7 Man assaulted woman and verbally abused hotel staff
- 8 Person hit by train between Manea and Peterborough
- 9 The Queen's Head named 'Cambridgeshire's best pub'
- 10 ‘Thank you, my NHS, you were simply amazing’
- What the wait has been like for you, a loved one or someone you care for?
- Are you getting all the information you need to help you stay safe and well while you wait?
- Is a local group or voluntary organisation giving you support to manage the wait?
- Do you know what to do if you become unwell?
- What could make the wait easier for you?
To share your views, visit: www.healthwatchcambridgeshire.co.uk/share-your-views or call Healthwatch on 0330 355 1285.