Heavily built man with thinning greasy hair seen driving a transit van in area of burglary at Walton Highway, say police
- Credit: Archant
Plant and garden equipment along with a car trailer has been stolen from a home in Walton Highway.
The incident is believed to have taken place at a property in St Paul’s Road sometime between 10.45pm and 11.30pm on Tuesday July 7.
An unknown person/s forced their way into the grounds of a property in the road, causing damage to gates and a wooden shed, and stole numerous items of plant and garden equipment.
Stolen goods included a wood chipper, a Stihl hedge cutter, a Makita lawnmower, a Stihl strimmer, a Makita leafblower, a Stihl leafblower and a Doctor strimmer. An Ivor Williams car trailer was also stolen.
A small white Astra Combo type van is believed to have been used in the crime. A large white transit type van was also seen leaving Common Road South on Monday July 6 driven by a heavily built male, aged in his 50’s with greasy, thinning hair and wearing a polo shirt.
You may also want to watch:
Officers would like to hear from anyone who believes they may have seen any suspicious activity in the area in the days leading up to the burglary. They would also like to speak to anyone who recognises the description or either vehicle or the male.
Witnesses are asked to contact Det Con Sarah Mitchell at Norfolk Constabulary on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 3 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 4 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 5 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 6 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 7 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 8 Squash club marks 40 years of competitions
- 9 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 10 Keep your eyes peeled for David’s dinosaur this weekend