Helicopter flies to the rescue of an 80 year old woman who fell in March town centre
- Credit: Archant
A helicopter rescue team came to the aid of an 80 year old woman who suffered a serious leg injury when she fell in March town centre.
Magpas Helimedix flew to the woman on Friday (8) at 2.15pm.
Helimedix doctor Phil Morgan and paramedic Ash Richardson sedated the patient providing specialist accident and emergency care before accompanying her to Hinchingbrooke Hospital by land ambulance.
On arrival at the hospital the patient was in a stable condition.
The Helicopter team who flew the Helimedix to the scene was pilot Andy Figg and crew member Adam Bright.
You may also want to watch:
An EEAST Ambulance Service paramedic crew and a police officer were also on the scene.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 5 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 6 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 7 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 8 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 9 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 10 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show