Help for Heroes and Addenbrooke’s Hospital benefit from money raised by golfers at Fenland golf club
MORE than �3,000 was raised for charity by kind-hearted golfers at a Fenland golf club last year.
March Golf Club donated �2,560 to Help for Heroes and around �800 to the Addenbrooke’s Hospital and Rosie Hospital Charity. The money will go towards the robot appeal which is raising funds towards a new robotic surgeon for Addenbrooke’s Hospital.
The hospital’s current robot, bought in 2006, helps in the treatment of men diagnosed with prostrate cancer. The robot has trebled the number of prostatectomies (the removal of the prostrate) that can be performed each year.
Chris Hodson, March Golf Club’s 2010 captain, said: “Many of our members have been at one time or another to Addenbrooke’s, be it as a patient or to visit and support a loved one.
“With that in mind supporting this appeal felt right. A few of our players have themselves been diagnosed with prostate cancer – and some have been treated at Addenbrooke’s by the robot – how wonderful to be able to help any one else in need of this life-saving treatment.”
Claire Billing, who received the cheque on behalf of the hospital’s charity trust, said: “It is only with support from businesses, clubs and associations such as March Golf Club, that we are able to provide additional support for Addenbrooke’s and the Rosie – enabling the hospitals to remain at the forefront of patient care.
“The robot has helped to revolutionise the treatment of men with prostate cancer and long may we be able to play a role in helping with that life saving treatment. We can’t thank the club enough.”
- 1 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
- 2 Multiple emergency services at scene after B1098 crash
- 3 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 4 Four charged with modern slavery crimes on one woman
- 5 Trainspotters catch Duchess of Sutherland whistling through Fens
- 6 Dental practice plan move to business park
- 7 Tributes paid to 'beloved husband' killed crossing road
- 8 Man who died in St Neots crash is named
- 9 Isabella, 10, impresses to win top prize ahead of Whittlesey Extravaganza
- 10 Family pleased with 'huge reaction' thanks to charity Christmas lights