Helping others with a week of fund raising in March for Christian Aid Week
- Credit: Archant
Love every neighbour is the theme of events for this year’s Christian Aid week being organised by Churches Together in March.
The week focuses on Christian Aid’s Work in Bangladesh.
Activities in March will begin with a lunch on Weds May 13 at noon at St. Peter’s Church Hall when a two course lunch raises funds for Christian Aid Week.
Tickets are £5. Book with Margaret Oatey 01354 655050.
During the week house to house collections will take place with a street collection on May 21 and a collection at Hostmoor Tesco on Friday May 27 and Saturday 28.
Anyone who would like to help can contact Rev Jenny Webb on 01354 650855.
Donations can also be handed in to churches in the town.
- 1 Man in 50s dies after medical incident in field
- 2 Café holds 'heavy heart' as it announces closure
- 3 Man in 30s dead, two arrested on suspicion of murder in Norfolk town
- 4 Family run tea room closes after 10 years in business
- 5 Glasses smashed and beer poured on pub floor after alcohol refusal
- 6 Roll up, roll up, for the Fenland Council mini ‘sale of the century’
- 7 Cigarette butt in stolen car puts burglar behind bars
- 8 Last gasp equaliser saves March Town blushes on derby day
- 9 Missing woman back home
- 10 ‘She’s always smiling’ - Connie marks 100th birthday
Christian Aid works with 700 local organisations across 50 developing countries.
It works with people of all faiths or none and works with some of the poorest people in the world.
It helps people to become self-sufficient by providing tools, seeds and animals, it trains people to deal with the effects of climate change and prepares them for the threat of natural disasters.
It also provides training and education, health care, clean water and sanitation.