Helping others with a week of fund raising in March for Christian Aid Week
- Credit: Archant
Love every neighbour is the theme of events for this year’s Christian Aid week being organised by Churches Together in March.
The week focuses on Christian Aid’s Work in Bangladesh.
Activities in March will begin with a lunch on Weds May 13 at noon at St. Peter’s Church Hall when a two course lunch raises funds for Christian Aid Week.
Tickets are £5. Book with Margaret Oatey 01354 655050.
During the week house to house collections will take place with a street collection on May 21 and a collection at Hostmoor Tesco on Friday May 27 and Saturday 28.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who would like to help can contact Rev Jenny Webb on 01354 650855.
Donations can also be handed in to churches in the town.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 3 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 4 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 5 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 6 Jail for pair who threatened group with sword
- 7 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 8 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 9 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
Christian Aid works with 700 local organisations across 50 developing countries.
It works with people of all faiths or none and works with some of the poorest people in the world.
It helps people to become self-sufficient by providing tools, seeds and animals, it trains people to deal with the effects of climate change and prepares them for the threat of natural disasters.
It also provides training and education, health care, clean water and sanitation.