Here’s looking at you kid! Bonniest baby competition is among the attractions of the Fenland Big Weekender this Saturday
- Credit: Archant
Calling all proud mums, dads, grannies, granddads and carers - Saturday sees day two of the Fenland Big Weekender and among the fun activities is the bonniest baby competition.
This free to enter competition is open to all youngsters aged two and under and will see the winner pick up an engraved trophy together with a voucher for a studio photo shoot.
Chatteris-based photographer Rob Morris, of Rob Morris Photography, is sponsoring the competition and will be on hand from 10am with his cameras to snap a photo of each individual child entered.
Every child will receive a free mounted picture taken by Rob. Babies need to have their picture taken to enter the competition.
Judging will take place after 11am and the babies need to be present to meet the judges.
You may also want to watch:
The special trophy will be the winning baby’s to keep forever together with a rosette and the voucher worth at least £100 for a photo shoot by Rob at his Chatteris studio.
There are rosettes for second and third place babies too.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 4 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 5 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 6 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 7 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 8 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 9 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 10 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
So if you think your baby has that special something to win the hearts of our judges and become Fenland Big Weekender’s Bonniest Baby pop along to the marquee venue in the garden of the Oliver Cromwell Hotel, High Street, March from 10am on Saturday.
The baby competition is just one of many entertainments on offer during the day. Other attractions, which hark back to the sixties, include a knobbly knee competition, live music and a glamorous granny competition.
In fact the weekend promises something for all the family, so don’t miss the fun.